Thursday 25 June 2009

Big day for BURN

BURN is published today - a strangely anticlimactic experience, coming as it does amid frantic rewrites of MACHETE, which was going so swimmingly...too swimmingly.

Last time, I had a grand launch at my local branch of Waterstones complete with invites, warm white wine, and a lengthy booze-up at a club round the corner. My agent and my editor made the trip up from London and it was all very exciting.

It was also six months ago, which is why this time I've decided to have a fairly low-key launch. In fact it's more of a signing. If you're anywhere near Waterstones in Carlisle on Saturday July 11 between 12-4pm why not pop in and kee me company? It's the first of a number of events which are suddenly stacking up. Last week I was in Glasgow addressing a group of Scottish librarians. Next month alone I think I've got three public events lined up. Check out the website for further details.

Anyway now that BURN is out there the reviewers will be having their say about my baby. In fact I've already had a couple of reviews already. One from Chris High was very positive. The other was from a bloke called Russell James who wasn't so keen. I wouldn't mind, but he took it upon himself to give away the ending of the book - which was hardly in the spirit of the game, and was rather more to do with him being a clever dick.

Still onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment