Friday 15 May 2009

Not Dead, Writing.

I always used to think that that “Not Dead, Sleeping” was the most bizarre inscription that could possibly be put on somebody’s tombstone, suggesting that the deceased was in fact having a snooze when they were abducted, stuffed in a coffin and buried six feet under.

Then came the trend for slabs with photographs of the deceased attached to them. Not only that, but the deceased when they were in the pink of health – raising a glass at a party, or giving the thumbs-up sign after winning at Carlisle races. 

A friend once suggested the epitaph: “Not Dead, In Rio”, accompanied by a photo of the supposed deceased surrounded by topless dancers. 

I still maintain this is a brilliant idea and I shall be ordering my tombstone forthwith. 

Anyway the point of this digression is that I am not dead, but trying desperately to get the next book in my Jake & Jouma series finished. So if I have not been as blogtastic as I should, then that’s the reason. 

Normal service will be resumed – which, come to think of it, is a cracking epitaph in itself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment