Saturday 18 April 2009

The Sight Of My Own Voice

Visitors to the Jungle Drums page of the website will have noticed a subtle change of format – namely it no longer exists and you’ve been directed here instead. 

A friend of mine, perusing the site, wondered why, instead of fiddling around with carefully-designed bulletins, I didn’t just do a blog like everyone else. 

My first reaction was horror. I have always thought blogs to be terribly self-indulgent, especially since I heard Bloggers described as “people who love the sight of their own voice”. 

But of course it is a much easier and convenient way of publicising yourself, and I wish I’d thought of it before. 

So anyway, just to let you know that this is where I’ll be holding regular love-ins with the sight of my own voice from now on, and where you can do the same by using the clever “comment” facility. 

To get things started I’ve added a couple of my previous postings to the archive, so it looks like I’ve been hip for longer. 

Here’s to the modern world! (Although if you ever see me on Twitter you’ll know I’ve been killed and replaced by a 12-year-old).

No comments:

Post a Comment